The accommodation comprises a Family Suite (two double bedrooms adjacent to a half bathroom) upstairs and shared bathroom on main floor; and a West Wing with one double bedroom and private ensuite (sink, bath and toilet).
Yew Tree Cottage is located in a hamlet about a mile south of Pembridge, a medieval village that forms part of Herefordshire’s Black and White Trail. We’re surrounded by rich fields of red earth, small woodlands, apple orchards, gently flowing rivers and rolling hills – a setting perfect for calming nature walks. In short, the Good Life.
Situated just a few miles inside the border with Wales, and mid way between the cathedral city of Hereford (16 miles), historic Ludlow (17miles) and Leominster (8 miles) with many small villages and pubs offering fresh local food, Pembridge is an ideal point from which to explore the Black Mountains, Brecon Beacons, Wye Valley, Offa’s Dyke and the borders with Shropshire.
- Offered as a B&B in either the Family wing -2 double bedrooms, shared bathroom; or in the West Wing – 1 double bedroom & private ensuite bathroom) or
- As a self-catering holiday-let by arrangement.
- Accommodation comprises 3 double bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, shared lounge, dining area, kitchen, utility room, chalet and studio
- Charming, cosy, characterful with views of unspoiled countryside from every window.
- Children and pet friendly
- Perfect for families, couples, singles – walkers, nature lovers, history enthusiasts, country lovers of peace and quiet, and connossieurs of the good life
- Log burning stove in lounge and chalet
- Free wifi and digital sound system
- TV in all bedrooms, and lounge
- English breakfast for B& B guests; coffee, tea, milk and fully equipped kitchen for holiday lets;
- Beautiful walks on doorstep
- Located on Herefordshire’s famous Black and White trail
- Great pubs and restaurants serving delicious local produce nearby
- Easy access to Hereford, Brecon, Hay-on-Wye, Ludlow and Worcester
- Parking for 2 cars
- Pick-ups and drop-offs for walkers or guests arriving by train available on request
The cottage is located in just under an acre of land that includes several lawns, a woodland garden, flowerbeds, ponds, a vegetable garden and two out-buildings a log cabin, the chalet, and a studio – both of which make comfortable places to sit, and read when the weather is cool or damp. The garden is not up to Chesea standards – it’s a work in progress – but a joy to nurture and the birds, bees, squirrels seem to love it…. more
The Cottage is also a great location for extended families to gather if the whole house is needed or if parents, children and pets needed to be close to one another. Herefordshire is the perfect place to reintroduce our children to nature’s easy pleasures, climbing trees, fishing for crayfish, looking out for kingfishers, red kites and barn owls – and learning how to play freely again.
If you need the conditions to inspire your muse, then Yew Tree Cottage could also be the perfect place to complete a creative project – edit your novel or thesis, write that paper that needed time without interruption or simply dabble at photography or painting.
The Spring and Autumn are ideal time to have Yew tree virtually to yourself and spread out in either the garden chalet or studio for further inspiration.
Thinking of Visiting?